- FEELING UGLY: Ugly, girls don't look at me,don't want to go out because
- VIOLENT OBSESSIONS: Having obsessions of something horrible happing like
stabbing someone you love.having those unwanted thoughts make you feel very
scared it comes to the point that you think that maybe you can be a
- PERFECTION: Fear of going to bed at night because its the last thing
you do in that day so every thing before that (e.g.- state of my room)
has to be perfect. This can often result in getting in and out of bed.
- I have been diagnosed with ocd in 1995, am am now a 39
Year old male.My Greatest fear is going crazy ie having scitzophernia as
I read up the symptoms I started to imagine them myself and therefore
thought I had them myself.The most horrible one at the moment is
thinking the thought that people can think what I am thinking.When I
experience this i get great fear and anxiety and think I really have thought this
and that plunges me deeper into the thought spiral even thought I know
it is impossible for someone to be able to think what I am
thinking. Lately these thoughts are about my loved ones which are the ones which are
really the worst ones to think about.
- I have an obsession when reading to make sure every
word is read and taken in. This results in my frequently reading the same
sentence or sentences several times. It makes reading large-scale pieces
like novels very hard for me.
- Things that have to be "taken back" if I have a bad/nasty
thought when i do or touch something, for e.g. picking up a TV remote,
if when i pick it up I have a bad thought I will have to put it down and
pick it up again, maybe several times in an attempt to eliminate the
bad thought or "take it back". One of my "rules" I guess.
- Rereading chapters of a book several times in order to
feel like the material has been properly understood and remembered.
SHARE YOUR OWN OBSESSION AND/OR COMPULSION.
This can be done completely anonymously if you prefer.